Disney Day #1

Okay, so there are ten days left until I leave for my trip. Along with my regular posts, I am gonna do one Disney post a day. So for these posts, I will show you like something super amazing, maybe a ride, food place, or a story that I had from previous Disney fun-time experience (fun-time…does that sound corny to you?).

So this post today is a story. So, for the record, I have only ever been to Animal Kingdom once. My family went to ride Expedition Everest. For those of you that don’t know what this ride is, you are going on this rollercoaster up a huge mountain, and the story behind it, is all about a mysterious yeti. When you wait in line for the ride, it shows you all this yeti-related stuff. During a part of the ride, you go backwards, and if you are lucky, get a glance at the yeti himself! I never personally saw it, but it sounds exciting!

Anyway, back to the story…

The time we went was the best time of the year–Christmas. Also another great thing–flu season. So my little sister caught it. So since we were sharing a room my parents made sure that I stayed as much as I could away from her. I feel bad because she had to go to the Magic Kingdom with us and ride all the rides. Its a miracle she never threw up. Fast-forward to the next day. I start feeling a little weird. My family thought it was from food poisoning because I had eaten part of an uncooked burger, which was rare in Disney. Good thing we didn’t really do anything that night. My gramma was babysitting while all the adults went to dinner. I just curled up on the couch chomping adorably at a ice cream mickey head. We went to bed, I had strange dreams as usual, and I woke up in a cold sweat. Cold sweats are like the most uncomfortable thing for me. Anyway, I threw up ten minutes later. Luckily, I made it to a toilet just in time. And it wasn’t event that bad. Although I HATE throwing up. Next day, guess where we were going–Expedition Everest.

I BEGGED my dad to let me stay. My mom did too. She said she could watch me since I had a fever. Unfortunately, both my dad and I are super stubborn. I eventually gave in. So when we got there I was incredibly nauseous. My dad literally picked me up and just carried me to the ride. Having a ten year old crying on his shoulder all the way. Then, the crappiest thing happened. The fourth time he made me go, the ride stopped right before the huge drop down the mountain. People started singing to try and calm their nerves, and being the little drama queen kid I was, started singing Amazing Grace in my head. After about ten minutes, the ride was back into motion. We tried to go on again, but they closed it while we were in line. I’m just grateful that I didn’t puke. My cousin Justin was so afraid I would puke, he screamed at me to do it over the cart. Thanks Justin, for those words of wisdom.

The thing is, I would totally go on it again as long I am not sick. Luckily, I think I am!!

~~Lara ❤


About Lara

I'm Lara, a 13-year-old volleyball-loving girl living in Virginia! I am obsessed with volleyball. Literally. I also like to sing, draw, and I've found that I like blogging! Make sure to follow me, and if you have any questions or comments, or just wanna chat, email me at mythologyprincess@gmail.com!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s